Village Leadership Academy is proud to be an independent school. This allows us to provide unparalleled opportunities to develop challenging, culturally relevant, and innovative educational experiences designed to cultivate the world’s best young leaders.
That independence, however, makes VLA completely dependent on tuition revenue and fundraising to support the faculty and broad range of programs that are offered. Additionally, tuition includes before and after school programming and full meal service. Financial Aid is available for eligible families.
2020-2021 School Year
Tuition for the 2020-2021 school year includes:
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Before Care (6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.)
- After School Clubs (3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.)
- Structured after school club such as Capoeira, Dance, Reading Buddies, Cooking, Arts & Crafts, and Cross Country*
- Healthy Snack (4:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Homework / Study Hall (5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Supplies and Activities Fee:
Supplies and Activities Fee includes:
- Book Rental
- Student School Supply Packet
- Classroom Technology
- Science Lab, Gym and Art Fee
- Field Trips
- Annual Camping and Middle School Ski Trip
- Guest Speakers
Fundraising Obligation: (up to 2 students per family)
Each family is required to raise an additional $250.00 during the academic school year per student to support and enrich our diverse, extensive programming.
Orders for uniforms should be placed by in July to ensure arrival prior to the start of the school year. Uniforms must be ordered online at http://villageleadershipacademy.epluno.com/.
Bus Fee: (only for students who take the bus)
Bus service is available from It Takes a Village (ITAV) Preschool at 4020 W. Division St. for students Monday through Friday. Buses pick students up from the ITAV site in the morning at 7:15 a.m. and return them to the site at 5:30 p.m.
Families can apply for need based financial aid to help supplement the cost of tuition. February 14th is the priority application deadline for financial aid at Village Leadership Academy. Click here to complete the VLA application for financial aid.
We also accept Illinois Action for Children for before and after school care and Tax Credit Scholarships to supplement tuition costs.
Tax Credit Scholarship Applications Opening Soon:
- Application opens Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 6:30 pm
- This date reserves your spot and the timestamp is critical. It is best to log on as soon as the application opens to timestamp your application.
- Visit https://empowerillinois.org/ for more details.
Big Shoulders Fund Application
- Application opens Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 8:00 am
- Visit https://www.
bigshouldersfundsgo.org/tax- credit-scholarships/ for more details.
Tuition can be paid in full or divided into 10-monthly installments due on the 1st of each month from August 1 through May 1.